St John's Anglican Church
1893 Charles Richardson for German Lutheran Church,
Goulburn Street, Sydney. Tonal alterations 1968 S.T. Noad & Son.
Res. & inst. present location 1980 Brown & Arkley.
2m., 13 sp.st., 4c., tr.
The first organ for this church was built in c. 1897 by Hardy & Son of Stockport, England. It was rebuilt in 1925 by George Fincham & Sons and then was disused from 1959 -1974 when Geoffrey Kendall rebuilt it in 1975. In 1979 it was removed and broken up... It had 2 manuals, 15 speaking stops, 5 couplers and was electro-pneumatic action. [Gt: 220.127.116.11.2. Sw: 18.104.22.168.2.8. Ped: 22.214.171.124]
The present organ was built in 1893 by Charles Richardson for the German Lutheran Chruch in Goulburn St, Sydney. It underwent tonal alterations in 1968 by S.T. Noad & Son and was restored and installed in its present location in 1980 by Brown & Arkley.
The specification is:
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Stop knob missing
Photos supplied by Trevor Bunning (May 2006)