St Paul's Anglican Church
Nicholson & Co. 1891, 2m., 17 sp.st, 4c., tr.
From 1981 OHTA Conference booklet and SOJ Winter 2004:
The first organ in this church, details of which have not been traced, was installed second-hand in 1870 from Christ Church Pro-Cathedral, Newcastle.  The present organ was built in 1891 by Nicholson & Co., Worcester for All Saint's Church, Singleton  and installed at Stockton in 1911.  The whereabouts of the original organ are unknown.
Repairs to the organ were carried out in 1963 by J.W. Walker & Sons/Arthur Jones. 21 trackers were damaged in 1981 due to the deepening of the harbour! In 1989, the earthquake put the organ out of action. The organ was restored in 1993-94 by Ian Brown with David Kinsela as consultant and part of the funding was provided by the Heritage Council of NSW. The casework and display pipes were restored by the church's organist, John Prigg.
The specification is:
Swell to Great
Swell Octave to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Lever Swell pedal
6 composition pedals
Wind pressure 3" (76mm)
Mechanical action 
 Newcastle Chronicle 16 June, 1870
 Singleton Argus 22 August, 1891
 Pers. comm. David Evans, Feb. 1981
 Spec. supplied Alan Cargill, July 1974.
Photos: Trevor Bunning (July 2007)