Scots Presbyterian Church
cnr Terralong and Shoalhaven Streets, Kiama
1907 Charles Richardson,
Res. 1962 J.W. Walker & Sons (Aust), 2m., 8 sp.st., 4c., tr.
From SOJ Autumn 1998:
This church, dating from the 1860s, is located on the corner of Terralong and Shoalhaven Streets. The railway passes close to the west end of the church which houses an organ built by Charles Richardson of Sydney in 1907. Charles Richardson was a well known local organ builder. He built (over 30), erected and maintained many organs in NSW including the Sydney Town Hall organ. Despite the small specification, the organ is surprisingly effective. Interestingly there is no Swell to Pedal coupler. The "Pedal Help" brings the Bourdon up on to the Great manual. The organ posseses a delightfully warm character and the Open Diapason and Principal produce a robust sound with considerable harmonic development. The instrument is located in the south west corner of the building and possesses a stencilled case on two sides.
The specification is:
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Photos: Trevor Bunning, April 2007