St Matthias' Anglican Church
1876 J.W. Walker & Sons, London, reb.1979 Brown & Arkley. 1m., 6 sp.st., 2c., tr. & el.pn.
From 1990 OHTA Conference booklet:
This organ was built in 1876 by J.W. Walker & Sons, London, as a single manual instrument with only two stops (both of 8ft pitch), cost £97.12/-. Earlier this century, T.C. Edwards added four original stops (+) on exhaust tubular-pneumatic action, the original pipework remaining tracker. The pneumatics were electrified in 1979 by Brown & Arkley. The church is a diminutive example of the work of Horbury Hunt yet embodies many of this stylistic features.
The specification is:
trigger swell lever
mechanical and electro-pneumatic action
Manual compass; 56 notes
Photos TB (Oct. 1990)