Residence of Philip MatthiasB. 1872 Chappell & Co., London for Christ Church Pro-cathedral, Newcastle.
Inst. 1885 St James' Anglican Church, Wickham, Newcastle.
Res. & inst. 1974 present location A. Jones.
Advertised for sale in 1991
Sold to Philip Matthias and in storage (2006)
1m., 5 sp.st., 1c., tr. Man: 8 divided.8 divided.8.4.2.
From OHTA News July 1991:
This organ was built by the London firm of Chappell & Co. in 1872 and first used in Christ Church Pro-Cathedral, Newcastle. In 1885 it was moved to St James' Anglican Church in Wickham (Newcastle) before being restored and moved to its present location in 1974 by Arthur Jones. In July 1991 it was advertised for sale in OHTA News and purchased by Philip Matthias [David Evans, April 2006] and is currently disassembled and in storage [Peter Guy, April 2006].
The specification is:
Manual to Pedal
Tracker action except bottom octave of pedals which are pneumatic.
Photos: David Evans (March 1978)